I know we are still in the middle of summer, but it doesn’t mean we can’t start prepping our skin, hair and wardrobe for a little TLC once the cooler months roll around. This month’s favorite things includes some great products, that will not only repair your skin from Summer’s sun damage, but also preserve and protect for the colder, dry temperatures ahead. Hope this inspires some new faves to add to your collection. Enjoy! 🙂
1. MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick – During the colder months it’s a great time to try out the darker, redder lipsticks. When it’s cold and grey out why not brighten up you look with a pop of color.
2. Makeup Primers – This is a great product to include in your makeup routine, it smoothens, softens and give your makeup an even surface to adhere to. Check out my Prime or Not to Prime post for more details.
3. Skinceuticals 10 AOX serum, $87 – This is a great product to keep handy during the colder months. It contains vitamin C, which is essential to keeping skin looking healthy and defends against environmental damage. It also helps prevent accelerated aging.
4. Kiehl’s Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak, $25 – This Sunflower, apricot, vitamin infused hair pak will be you new best friend. It’s deeply restorative properties will tame tangles, while protecting from environmental and future damages.
5. POE Daily Purifying Polish, $32 – This all natural daily scrub, is a must during the colder season. It contains unique micro beads, that gently sweeps away dead, dry skin, without tearing the skin’s surface.
6. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, $42 – During warmer months I tend to use light tinted moisturizer as my go to foundation. However with the looming cold season coming, Bobbi Brown Foundation sticks are my go to. This formula is creamy and blends well, doesn’t dry out skin and totally adjustable coverage. It can also be use just as a concealer.
7. CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm, $26 – I recently discovered this 100% natural multipurpose skin balm and I have to say I love that it’s all natural, fragrance and paraben free. It’s consistency is thick yet easily absorbed, and is great for the dry, harsh Fall and Winter Seasons. It works well on chapped, rough skin, lips, and cuticles, it even helps soothe eczema.
8. Scarves, $28 – Those who know me, know how much I love, love my scarves. Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring, you will usually see a scarf around my neck. I really like this Nordstrom Collection XIIX Fringed Scarf, it’s light weight enough to transition from Summer to Fall and you can’t go wrong with the Green version. 🙂
9. Restoration Hardware Duevet Slippers, $19 – I got a version of these years ago and they are still great. It keeps your feet all toasty and warm, I think these may become your new favorite.